Subject: [Leica] Protecting your eyeglasses from your older M
From: leicamshooter at yahoo.com (G Medina)
Date: Mon Aug 1 18:11:43 2005

I use the do-nut from Gandy on my M3. I also had the Lutz eye protector, but
it was too bulky. The Gandy do-nut works fine, but I find that inevitably my
glasses will get scratched by other parts of the camera, i.e., advance
lever, corners, etc.

"Frank F. Farmer" <summicron@bellsouth.net> wrote: I was wondering what most
folks use to keep from scratching their eyeglasses with the metal eyepiece
of older M's. I used a little snap-on plastic protector that I purchased
from Don Goldberg for a while but it was knocked off my camera sometime this
weekend and lost forever. I have often wondered about the little do-nuts
that Stephen Gandy has at Camera Quest but have neither seen nor used one.
What to ya'll use? Likes? Dislikes? I need to find a replacement.

Thanks in advance.

Frank Farmer
Jackson, Miss.