Subject: [Leica] How do you meter expousure for negative colour film?
From: leicamshooter at yahoo.com (G Medina)
Date: Sun Jul 31 09:01:25 2005

Hello everyone,

I hear a lot in photography literature that with
negative c-41 colour film, one should meter for the
shadows, since the film has a two stop latitude for
overexpousure, but little tolerance for under
exposure. Overexposure is suppose to give more
contrasty saturated images, but I find that I tend to
get more saturated images when I treat negative colour
film like transparency film. I meter for the
highlights, and let the shadows fall where they may.
Does anyone experience this? Thanks for your replies.

G Medina

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] How do you meter expousure for negative colour film?)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] How do you meter expousure for negative colour film?)