Subject: OT now, Was: [Leica] Piercings and Tatoos
From: ferider at yahoo.com (Der Eiserne Reiter)
Date: Tue Aug 2 14:24:27 2005

OK. BD.

I live in the SF bay area. I obviously like to be here. That aside,
the society here is far from being equal to the sexes. I look around the
office
and find 3 females among 50 or so software engineers. I have two sisters
my age and know they both struggled deciding between career and
marriage/children.
They were NOT treated equally to me. I consider "western" dating rituals,
and a 30% divorce rate (I am married for the 2nd time myself) and find
this absurd, unnecessary.

At the same time, I know there are educated and wealthy people, that strive
for sexual equality just like "the west", that practice arranging marriages,
successfully. Bringing this the context of female circumcision
I just plain insulting.

Any wedding photographer on the list who can comment on how little the
typical "western" marriage has to do with romance ? Maybe that will
get us back, closer to topic ...

How big is your wife's rock ? Did you buy or rent a Tuxedo :-)

Cheers,

Roland.