Subject: [Leica] A digital sensor is just another type of film
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Aug 2 23:12:43 2005

Film is a different medium from digital photography. You are
describing a hybrid of the two where scanners do the conversion from
the analog world into the digital domain.

If you buy into Ansel's idea of a negative being a composition and the
print being the performance then staying in the analog domain will
present prints that are not perfect digital copies but are
hand-crafted and subtly different one from the other and represent
some substantial amount of time by a human being to create. This makes
the printer, separate from the photographer,  an artisan and hand-work
will have, in my feeble opinion, a greater and greater value over
time.

Adam