Subject: [Leica] Question for photojournalists concerning digital photos
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Aug 3 10:33:10 2005

Steven -

First off, any photographer is his or her own worst editor - so throwing out
90 percent of what you shot and only turning in 10 percent almost guarantees
that there will be days when you will discard for all eternity the best
shots of the day - if not of your career.

Second, had you shot that assignment on film, you would keep every frame,
you would not cut out 30 individual negs and throw the rest away. You can
easily burn CDs and stash them somewhere, if the paper isn't willing to
provide the necessary hard disk space.

And 2000 assignments a year - you mean that you are shooting apx six
assignments a day, seven days a week, 52 weeks per year? Wow!

Best

B. D.