Subject: [Leica] 35mm Non Leica LTM Lens Recomendations?
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Thu Aug 4 11:41:26 2005

Greg,
Evidently there are some shims between the body of the lens and the
focusing mechanism. These make sure the lens is the right distance to
the film plane. Sometimes they're the right thickness, sometimes
they're not.

You might want to check out Karen's site (perhaps someone mentioned
this, sorry if I'm being redundant).

http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/index-frameset.html?Lens-LSM-Standard.html~mainFrame

I was thinking of picking up a 35 (Leica) for my IIIf, but they simply
cost too much and they're not all that good (unless you spend a lot,
and that defeats the purpose). I was looking at the Summaron f2.8 but
it demands too much of a collector's premium.

Those in the know say that the Jupiter-12 is every bit as good, if not
better.

Best,
Daniel