Subject: [Leica] So do I sell the darkroom?
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri Aug 5 21:51:16 2005

Vick,

I was in a similar situation when I had bought my first film scanner in
1998 (that was also the year I began using Leica). I had moved from New
Jersey to Belgium in 1995, and while I had set up my darkroom in the
basement (plenty of space), I found that I had made perhaps 5 prints
during those 3 years. So one Sunday I put the enlarger, trays and
everything else in the car and went to a second-hand photo equipment
market in Brussels. My then 9-year old son went with me, and he minded
the shop when I wanted to take a break. For keeping me company he earned
10% of the revenues. We sold almost everything and pulled in about 1000
Euro--my son's 10% cut was the most money he had ever laid his hands on!

I say -- if you are not using it, sell it. It is not going to become
more valuable by sitting around.

Nathan