Subject: [Leica] Homeland security woes, digital cameras,and not using Leicas
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Aug 7 13:18:53 2005

Don Doryoffered:
> Ted's advice given numerous times is the ticket.  Don't sneak, look at
> authority in the eye, don't challenge, have a reasonable explanation,
> if asked to leave smile, thank the official and leave.<<<<<<

Hi Don,
Thanks for the quote use. :-)

But it's so simple it's a wonder everybody hasn't thought of it or used it.
It's simple common sense logic, why argue or get in a hissing fit you are
not going to win when dealing with an overzealous security moron!!

Thank you and move on is much easier and figure out how to circumnavigate
the person than stand there and loose the fight no matter what you say your
rights are. Even if the highest court in the land backs you later if you
wish to challenge! But at the moment of confrontation you are not going to
win in 99.999999999% of the time, period !

It's just like some moron newsphotographer's who give a police officer a
hard time because the newsie believes the public has a right to know no
matter what the police officer says. In some cases for the photogs own
safety and they still argue! But oh no the freedom of the press and all that
stuff is yelled in the officers face to the point the photog is placed in
the back seat of a cruiser without any pictures. While the photog who kept
his mouth shut and used his brain, moved around and found a better spot to
shoot from with a longer or shorter lens, get's the pictures and is the good
guy of the day at his paper.

While numb brain big mouth gets fired because he didn't have any pictures
and all because he didn't keep his mouth shut and used his head!

It's like this folks, being polite and non-aggressive gets more honey than
being an asshole big mouth!

And quite frankly I admit to being bad guy in my early days o a few
occasions. ;-) That is until I learned being Mr. nice guy had far more
advantages to it than being a big mouth idiot!
Well OK most times. ;-)

ted

Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Homeland security woes, digital cameras, and not using Leicas)