Subject: [Leica] Canon Anything vs. DMR
From: jplaurel at spectare.com (Jim Laurel)
Date: Wed Aug 10 15:58:04 2005

Here here!  We should all be making an effort to support DNG.  As it is, the
manufacturers are running amok with new RAW formats with each new camera
model.  And there is no incentive for them to continue supporting their old
RAW formats for very long after the model becomes obsolete.  As examples,
several of the old Kodak formats from the mid-90s are no longer supported,
and Contax support for the N digital RAW format is gone.

I would like to see the makers standardize on a single, open RAW format.

--Jim