Subject: [Leica] Canon Anything vs. DMR
From: jplaurel at spectare.com (Jim Laurel)
Date: Wed Aug 10 14:12:29 2005

Bill: Give iView Media Pro a try.  I would be interested to know if it
supports the DMR.  It has wide support for many RAW formats.  It loads very
quickly for your quick reviews and will do batch coversion from supported
RAW formats to jpg, tiff, or whatever.  iView is worth every penny you pay
for it, and your license is good for two machines, used one at a time.  You
can even mix (for example, one Mac and one PC)

--Jim Laurel

The biggest drawback at the moment is that when I shoot RAW (DNG) I am
limited to using the Adobe Bridge/CS2 programs - Picasa does not recognize
DNG - yet.  And Adobe is such a humongous program that is just takes too
long for quick reviews and there is no easy way (at least that I have found)
to batch convert the DNG's to jpgs so that they work on Picasa and for
uploading to Smugmug.  I am sure this will change with the next release of
Picasa.

Bill in Denver

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Canon Anything vs. DMR)