Subject: [Leica] Elelmentary B+W tech question
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Wed Aug 10 16:55:33 2005

wrs111445@yahoo.com (Bill Smith) wrote:

>Can you scan a B+W image off a negative or must you
>have a processed print? Can you make a BW print off a negative using
>scanner and printer?

Yes, definitely!

Bill, is this sort of a follow-up on the Ilford HP5+ question I raised?

I now do ALL my B&W, both silver and C-41, by way of scanning from a
negative, with what I think are excellent results.  And that ALL
includes post-processing the image, sometimes in the scanner, sometimes
in PhotoShop, and printing.

My problem, as I mentioned, has been getting my scanner software
settings "right" for Ilford film.  I'm obviously missing something, but
I'm going to try again tonight, with some of the tips I've gotten from
this list.

Ken
--
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Norfield Congregational Church

Replies: Reply from tim at KairosPhoto.com (Timothy Atherton) ([Leica] Elelmentary B+W tech question)