Subject: [Leica] Elelmentary B+W tech question
From: tim at KairosPhoto.com (Timothy Atherton)
Date: Wed Aug 10 18:48:59 2005

> My problem, as I mentioned, has been getting my scanner software
> settings "right" for Ilford film.  I'm obviously missing something, but
> I'm going to try again tonight, with some of the tips I've gotten from
> this list.
>
> Ken

Ken,

I've lost track of the thread, but were you using vuescan? If so, get it to
make a raw scan (with no adjustment) under the Prefs tab

Then install this puppy in Photoshop - NegPos (worth reading the manual
carefully - it's like early vuescan - a little counter-intuitive...) and
then open the raw scan in Photoshop, apply the NegPos plugin, fiddle with
the settings as per the manual, and see how it goes.

http://www.c-f-systems.com/Phototips.html

http://www.c-f-systems.com/ColorNegs.html

http://www.c-f-systems.com/Docs/NegPos103.zip

http://www.c-f-systems.com/Docs/NegPosManual103.pdf

BTW - this is about the best thing out there for colour neg - again, run it
from a raw scan (they do need to be 16 or 48 bit)

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] Elelmentary B+W tech question)
Reply from tim at KairosPhoto.com (Timothy Atherton) ([Leica] Elelmentary B+W tech question)