Subject: [Leica] B.D., How Harsh You Are
From: tim at KairosPhoto.com (Timothy Atherton)
Date: Thu Aug 11 18:05:29 2005

You can get the QuadtoneRIP for the R800 (and many other epson printers)
which will do a really good job of B&W printing

again a bit of a learning curve (have to convert your greyscale images to a
special profile for best results),  and I find it generally works best on
matte/rag type papers (I think for the R800 it just has EEM profiles - which
can be tweaked to work with most cotton rag type papers - and you can always
try it with glossy...)

http://harrington.com/QuadToneRIP.html

Best of all it's free until you decide you like it enough to make a donation

tim a