Subject: [Leica] mother...
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Fri Aug 12 08:43:39 2005

On Aug 12, 2005, at 6:35 AM, Ted Grant wrote:

> Steve Barbour offered:
> Subject: Re: [Leica] mother...
>>>>
>> conventional standards... yet strengthens it at the same time...<<<
>>

> Hi Steve,
> Not at all!, screw the conventional standard because in many cases
> it's constantly following the herd of sheep with everything looking
> the same by the rules.
>
> This photograph "exudes feeling" and the faces are there
> sufficiently to see. But the most important thing about this
> captured moment is the feeling! It's always about feeling in how
> viewers re-act.
>
> Aren't the dead humans in Iraq all about feelings when we look at
> them? Hell they're all conventional, but it's the feelings they
> create that make the photographs work!
>
> In my opinion your photograph has so much feeling for it and that's
> what makes it work so beautifully! It allows us to read into it the
> quietness of the moment.
> ted

I almost did not post it because of the faces turned away...but it
had something special,  I thought, different ....due to that.....

some very fine photographers have suggested that flaw seriously
weakens the image... I too feared that was the case...

so valid opinion is well divided...rightfully... is this a case where
"screw the rules" , ...opinion will be divided, justifiably so...?

thanks, Steve

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] mother...)
Message from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] mother...)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] mother...)