Subject: [Leica] mother...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Aug 12 06:41:39 2005

Steve Barbour offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] mother...

>>> but with the faces turned away it rather weakens the photo by
> conventional standards... yet strengthens it at the same time...<<<

Hi Steve,
Not at all!, screw the conventional standard because in many cases it's
constantly following the herd of sheep with everything looking the same by
the rules.

This photograph "exudes feeling" and the faces are there sufficiently to
see. But the most important thing about this captured moment is the feeling!
It's always about feeling in how viewers re-act.

Aren't the dead humans in Iraq all about feelings when we look at them? Hell
they're all conventional, but it's the feelings they create that make the
photographs work!

In my opinion your photograph has so much feeling for it and that's what
makes it work so beautifully! It allows us to read into it the quietness of
the moment.
ted

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] mother...)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] mother...)