Subject: [Leica] Lost my bl**dy lens cap!
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat Aug 13 03:15:35 2005

My condolences Rick.

Cosina/Voigtl?nder caps are not particularly tight fitting.

The cap of my 12mm CV lens is somewhere at the bottom of the North
Sea,dropped
over the side of a P&O Ferry, caught on an iron railing and just popped off.

It took Ringfoto over a year to get me a replacement.

A similar cap from the 15mm landed somewhere underneath a steam train on the
North Yorkshire Moors Railway a few years ago, as did the batteries from a
Metz
45 CT 3 a couple of weeks ago, at least the battery holder stayed on board.
cheers
Douglas