Subject: [Leica] Amsterdam Pride 2005
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Aug 15 08:10:17 2005

This year's Amsterdam Pride boat parade through the canals of the city
took place on Saturday August 6th. For the unitiated, this is one of the
biggest gay events anywhere in the world, and is especially important in
Amsterdam since the city is keen to cultivate its image as a liberal
place where everyone is welcome.

I went to the parade last year and was frustrated because it was
extremely crowded and I only had short lenes with me, since I was
shooting with my Leica M outfit. This year the weather was not as good,
so the crowds were a bit smaller, and I had my Canon DSLR with a 200mm
lens, which allowed me to not only get close-ups of people on the boats
but even of people on the opposite side of the canal (I was at
Prinsengracht, for the locals). I took about 300 pictures, which I have
been post-processing and editing all week, and here is the result:
http://www.fotocycle.dk/indexpride05.html

It was frankly very hard to edit it down to these 47 images, because
this event is so diverse, with so many wacky and wonderful people
around, both among the spectators and on the boats.

HEALTH WARNING
I must warn you that depending on your jurisdiction and other
circumstances, not all of these images are "boss-safe".

Enjoy!

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman