Subject: [Leica] Amewrican watch question?
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Aug 16 04:50:58 2005

Congratulations! That looks like a nice one.

I'm not sure about watches ... my folks live around Elgin so I check that
out:

http://elginwatches.org/history/short_history.html

At the bottom of the page:

"Today, you can still buy watches with the great American names of
Waltham, Elgin, and Hamilton, but none of these watches are made in
the USA. Many watch companies license these names, and little
attention is paid to their quality. They probably aren't any worse
than many other brand names that you can pick up at Target or
Wallmart, but they have nothing to do with their once great past."

Pity ...
Daniel

Replies: Reply from summarex at hotmail.com (Javier Perez) ([Leica] Amewrican watch question?)
Message from summarex at hotmail.com (Javier Perez) ([Leica] Amewrican watch question?)