Subject: [Leica] nostalgia and Leica sans shrimp.
From: kenlass at gate.net (Ken Lassiter)
Date: Wed Aug 17 14:51:31 2005

Walt Johnson wrote:

"Ken:
I have a hard time telling the difference between shrimp from Long John
Silver's and the Dixie Crossroads. Well, there is a very big difference in
price.
Hope I'm not the only one in Brevard County with a strong dislike for the
Crossroads (and Long John's) but even if I am, I'll stick to it.
Shrimp ala deep fat fryer, served in cardboard cups and battered in who
knows what? It must be a Titusville thing?"

Walt when I get Rock Shrimp, they are not fried.  Rock Shrimp have a very
hard shell. Dixie Crossroad splits the shrimp and broils them for two
minutes with butter and a little garlic.  This is when they taste like
lobster.  You must have had something else.  I can vouch that broiled Rock
Shrimp are nothing like fried shrimp anywhere.  Served on a plate with more
butter for dipping. No paper cups.  Stop by my house and I ask my wife to
make some for you.  You'll be convinced.

Sorry to disagree but I was there last Sunday

Ken Lassiter