Subject: [Leica] Memory card write speeds
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu Aug 18 21:37:22 2005

The 2.3 speed of the Digilux 2 is probably a theoretical maximum which
is never attained in actual use. The camera will always be unbearably
slow when shooting RAW no matter which card you put in. The time you got
with the Ultra II is the best it can do, and buying a faster card would
be a waste of money, since it is not the speed of the card that is the
limiting factor. This is true with the vast majority of digital cameras
on the market: the newest, fastest cards only benefit a few of the
high-end DSLRs.

Nathan