Subject: [Leica] #284
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee)
Date: Tue Aug 23 08:35:34 2005

http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05284.htm

I have met with a degree of cynicism as to how genuine this shot is and the
answer, curves and levels aside, is totally genuine.  Two people who's
opinions I respect have commented on the light direction being 'odd' somehow
but it is Gods' work not Adobes' work. For some I probably overdid the
burning in of the sky area but that is the sky that was there.

A few weeks ago I 'imported' a sky into one of my shots and despite the fact
that I posted a link at the same time to where I got the sky from it led to
some confusion. This may now be leading people to think that I clone in
elements of a shot from anywhere I fancy.

I don't take my shots or myself seriously enough to consider the photos I
post sacrosanct and I have seen my work with added formations of geese,
squadrons of fighter aircraft, flying pigs etc and my reputation for adding
inflatable props for added effect grows apace :-)

However, to avoid any future confusion am stating here and now that I would
never clone in a sky, or anything else for that matter, without declaring
the result a composite at the time of posting.

--Graham

Replies: Reply from jdos2 at mindspring.com (Jeff Sumner) ([Leica] #284)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] #284)