Subject: [Leica] Elmarit 28mm (used) or Zeiss 28mm for M?
From: jdos2 at mindspring.com (Jeff Sumner)
Date: Wed Aug 24 10:45:33 2005

Not many folks seem to have used both the G2 version of the 28mm and
the Elmarit 28mm for Leica, as well as the new 28mm.

I'm thinking of buying a 28mm lens for the M mount, and am
considering all options. I loved the look of the G2 lens, but had
such trouble with both G2 bodies I gave up on them. I was hoping that
the Zeiss lens in M mount would take pictures that looked similar to
the G2- anyone have experience with them? I've never used an Elmarit,
but there's one on Sherry's site that has a similar price to the
Zeiss on Cameraquest (with hood).
Besides the "Leica/Leitz" factor, are there compelling reasons for
one vs. another in M mount?

JD

Replies: Reply from bonvini at optonline.net (Jay) ([Leica] Elmarit 28mm (used) or Zeiss 28mm for M?)
Reply from bonvini at optonline.net (Jay) ([Leica] Minilux)