Subject: [Leica] Elmarit 28mm (used) or Zeiss 28mm for M?
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Wed Aug 24 11:46:21 2005

Jeff Sumner wrote:
> Not many folks seem to have used both the G2 version of the 28mm and
> the Elmarit 28mm for Leica, as well as the new 28mm.
>
> I'm thinking of buying a 28mm lens for the M mount, and am  considering
> all options. I loved the look of the G2 lens, but had  such trouble with
> both G2 bodies I gave up on them. I was hoping that  the Zeiss lens in M
> mount would take pictures that looked similar to  the G2- anyone have
> experience with them? I've never used an Elmarit,  but there's one on
> Sherry's site that has a similar price to the  Zeiss on Cameraquest
> (with hood).
> Besides the "Leica/Leitz" factor, are there compelling reasons for  one
> vs. another in M mount?
>

> JD

Hi JD,

If you go for the Elmarit make sure it is the last model.
I owned the second model and now have the last. The last is superior in
any aspect compared to the second one. I can't comment on the third version.
I'm sure the Zeiss will be much better then the second version Elmarit.
According to Erwin http://www.imx.nl/photosite/comments/c016.html the
Zeiss and Leica are close to each other in characteristics.
BTW did you consider the Voigtlander options?

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema

Replies: Reply from jdos2 at mindspring.com (Jeff Sumner) ([Leica] Elmarit 28mm (used) or Zeiss 28mm for M?)