Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 30, Issue 260
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Wed Aug 24 13:40:13 2005

Peter Dzwig <pdzwig@summaventures.com> wrote:

> What they actually need is to devise a marketing strategy and accompanying
> technology that they **can** work with, even if different from everyone
> else.

I believe that Leica is acutely aware of the rapidly changing market and the
accelerating pace of product cycles, but is not big enough to compete with
that strategy.  Their best bet IMHO is to expoit the market niche that says
"It's the glass, stupid!" and the rest of the hardware just captures the
photons.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com