Subject: [Leica] Leica future and diehard fans
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Thu Aug 25 09:40:15 2005

george lottermoser writes in part:

> > That brings us back once again to the suggestion that if Leica is to
> > have a
> > future, that future probably lies in producing lenses in Canon and Nikon
> > mounts, or selling Leica lenses with red dotted Canon and Nikon
> > adapters, rather than wasting money on trying to produce digital
> > backs for a tiny handful of diehard fans.
>
> B.D. - I have no idea what the future of Leica, Leaf, Imacon,
> Sinar, or any other 'high-end' camera/digital/back mfg's may be.
> Apparently
> they're all shuffling to figure it out. They're tools
> that may or may not work for you. They have nothing to do with
> 'die-hard' brand loyalty. Your constant background drone of what sounds
> like
> anti-leica mantras really does little to help our understanding of what is
> going on technically - be it optical, digital, mechanical, electronic or
> otherwise.
> --

Apparently we're supposed to all be greatly impressed by this kind of
continuous anti-Leica ranting and raving, which has continued for at least
the last 3 years on the list, because the poser posts a PAW. I believe most
people are more impressed by what you ARE rather than what you POST.

I'm not impressed at all by people who continually shout 'FIRE!' in a
crowded theatre.

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Leica future and diehard fans)