Subject: [Leica] leica branded lenses
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Fri Aug 26 10:18:08 2005

Frank Filippone <red735i@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Doug, no arguments as to your analysis, but I find your conclusions
> different from mine....
>
> Users want the most new, the most number of pixels, faster motor drive,
> etc.
> All short term needs ( wants?) and do not look at long term issues like
> future compatibility.  the lenses, in my opinion, would sell really well.

Frank, another want that is heard often is "full frame", which really means
full use of existing lenses, and on the Nikon side, there's a lot of wanting
AIS lenses to work fully on the less-than-pro bodies.  This tells me
compatability is a significant concern.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com