Subject: [Leica] Fuji Black & White Film
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Fri Aug 26 21:30:46 2005

Ilford has always made b/w for department stores and things like that.
I suspect _that_ is what is meant by "private label". Agfa does too.
Efke 400 is Ilford HP5+. Turapan is Agfa.

When the big players are pulling back, smaller players pop up. They
can buy film in bulk (from the big players) and load it themselves,
under their own name (Turapan). Efke/Adox didn't have a ISO 400 film
in their sortiment, so they rounded off their own films with Ilford
HP5+.

Stores like Jessop, Sears, etc don't make their own films, of course.
I expect these are the private labels that were referred to.

Daniel

Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Fuji Black & White Film)