Subject: [Leica] Jupiter-8 arrives
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Fri Aug 26 21:43:31 2005

If it looks good at 1 meter wide-open, you're set to go.

The Elmars are demanding a higher price than the IIIc and IIIf bodies,
so this is a nice middle of the road if you have a lens-less body.

I'm not afraid to use mine wide-open. At 2.8 and close range (even if
the focus is spot on, we don't always get it spot in in real shooting
conditions) it looks really nice for portraits. Just enough depth of
field to cover the face.

I almost picked up another screw-mount (IIIc). but really, really
realized that I don't need another body ... I'd just start looking for
another lens and so on and so on. I like the screw-mounts for what
they are; an excellent little package that is easy to have along.
Didn't want to complicate that by having 2 to chose from.

Best,
Daniel