Subject: [Leica] What would you do if wifey dropped your MP?
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Sat Aug 27 10:29:22 2005

> Very well put.
> Go with " give my sweetie a big cuddle and a kiss, wipe her eyes dry and
say
> "It's alright. It's only plastic and metal.  And a few pieces of
> glass......

<snip>

All of the gentle acts described here in most of the preceding posts are
fine and good when viewed as an action in retrospect, but.....   I am afraid
the immediate reaction on seeing or worse, hearing one of our wonderful toys
damaged or partially destroyed is usually acute anguish usually accompanied
by much profanity followed by sincere guilt about how the perpetrator feels.
A sincere apology following the inevitable reflexive outburst is the most
the majority of us can hope for.

Never dropped one myself or had SWMBO damage anything but did return to my
car after a fine Japanese hibachi dinner to find my 65 lb English bulldog ,
which we had left in the car, sitting on an M2 and M3 (thankfully in their
leather cases) in the seat where I didn't think he could climb.  I did not
apologize to the dog.

JB