Subject: [Leica] Re: Erwin Puts on the DM-R
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Sun Aug 28 11:27:22 2005

Ouch, I love my Nikon mechanical gear, FM3a + a few lenses
make a wonderful and relativel economical prime shooting kit.

But a definite alure of digi shooting is a quick flip to a high ISO
setting.  Shot some pics at ISO1600 on my D70 of a jazz concernt
and the noise (to me) wasn't quite tolerable.

A camera where you can really just "set it at 11" - ISO3200 and
shoot away with credible results is pretty cool in my book.

But the noise control technology seems to be progressing quickly.
KM's  VR in the body seems like a really fantastic idea for low
light shooting. A little USM and a good enough VF for manual
focus on the Nikon bodies would do all us Nikon shooter good
too.

Time will tell.  The D70 is a handly, relatively nicely priced
and handy tool.  But experience with this body has informed me
that the digital body that I want and would likely be "willing to"
afford hasn't been release yet.  Time will tell.

Scott