Subject: [Leica] katrina
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Aug 29 21:02:15 2005

You may not know these people, but maybe you do.

I've talked to Chris Williams, he and wife left New Orleans in time.

I have not been able to talk to Jeffery Smith, but so far I've seen no bad
reports from his neighborhood.  I am monitoring blogs, TV and TV  websites.
There are lots of reports of flooding all over, EXCEPT Jeff's  neighborhood.
 No
news is good news.

They have no power, and most phone circuits are down.  Phone service  is
spotty all over the state, and I've lost DSL, and I did not have a drop of
rain
here. We are on the left side of the storm

Looks like New Orleans is not lost, but I recognize places that are
underwater.  Circle Market, other things.  Two of my old neighborhoods  have
water.

One of the best stories about people who stayed was about the teacher who
could not leave because of family things, and he had a safe place.  He gave
his
students all his cash so they would have gas money.

More later when I know more.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com