Subject: [Leica] Re: Erwin Puts on the DM-R
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Aug 30 18:43:42 2005

Never hesitant to repeat myself but here in a different context as would
seem to be inevitable. The lighting is different today anyway then it was
three weeks ago

I mentioned that the DM-R which is the Leica back for the R system is a
thing we just have to get past. Why dwell on it? Ok Erwin come out with a
thing on it I guess that's a reason. Maybe.
If Leica has a hairs thin shot at survival then they'll come out with a
digital body for the R system in a few months. Pay off somebody to do it for
them nobodies going to care. We're using Epson Cosina for our M glass why
not use Minolta or Fuji to shoot our R glass.  Other than the fact that we
hate their collective guts. But they've got to be come nice company out
there which knows how to wire stuff together inside a camera; perhaps less
adept in the Swiss clock mechanisms we run into in the rare mechanical
cameras. Like a Leica. M. or LTM. Or Pentax Spotmatic.
Maybe some company from Finland!!! Or Daneland!

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/