Subject: [Leica] Jeffery is OK/ answering JB
From: paul at paulhardycarter.com (Paul)
Date: Thu Sep 1 04:20:16 2005

I guess the point is that in any country under a civil administration
the armed forces do what they are told.

If they're told to prepare for disaster relief that's what they'll do,
but if there is supposed to be another government body doing that, and
getting the funding to do it, then the armed forces will concentrate
planning and resources on other things.

As I understand it, in the US each state has it's National Guard which
would normally be responsible for this kind of thing. Problem is, as
Sonny pointed out, someone decided they'd be best placed to fulfil
their duties by sitting in sandbagged tents in Iraq.

That someone should be called to account at the polls.

P.

*******
Paul Hardy Carter
www.paulhardycarter.com