Subject: [Leica] Sprays and coatings for digi-prints
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Thu Sep 1 19:15:03 2005

According the Paul Roark (a very helpful fellow, BTW; he
designs most of the MIS B&W inksets pro-bono), PrintShield
decreases the dMax of matte prints.  I don't have a densitometer
to verify this myself.

Lascaux fixative is apparently very neutral, and an old standby
of charcoal and pastel artists.

I have a couple of matte prints I'm thinking of trying PrintShield
on this evening. I'm curious if any lack of dMax is evident
(subjectively)when mounted under glass.  The UV protection of
PrintShield is certainly a big plus!

Scott