Subject: [Leica] Leica 21-35mm
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Sep 2 14:02:56 2005

I understand the issues of light transmission and, in reality, light
acceptance by the sensor... But the original posting complained of out of
focus areas....????  I do not see a connection for the plane of focus and
the angle of acceptance.

Frank Filippone

I'm not an expert on it; but I know that film grain has much more tolerance
concerning the angle of the incoming light, than sensors usually have. In
the centre of the sensor, the light is captured in the ideal 90 degrees
angle, but the more you go to the corners, the more this angle is
increasing, and the quality too (like a kind of softness-vignetting).