Subject: [Leica] Leica MDigital
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Fri Sep 2 15:49:23 2005

In a message dated 9/2/05 2:07:58 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

> msadat@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> with film dying so fast and the whole world converting? to digital ,
> >> would it be possible to see the digital M sooner than later, knowing
> >> that leica knows digital is the way to make money. I am real pleased
> >> with the quality of the dmr images though not its camera features. i
> >> think these features (slow in every way) fit the m just right and if
> >> they are going to use the sae chip,? the work has been done. what are
> >> they waiting for?
I assume Leica is working out a pixel array that can register the images of
rangefinder lenses with high resolution right to the periphery of the image.
The LCD view screen would be a delight to use, particularly if it could be
real
time.   That's a lot easier to do with an RF than a reflex, although I
understand the new Nikon D200 reflex does have a real time viewer, unless I
read the
specs wrong.
It would have a busy FP shutter sequence. The Oly prosumers, like the 5050
have real time LCD viewing. I use it for CU work.

Bob R

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Leica MDigital)