Subject: [Leica] Steam Trains in Black and White
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon Sep 5 06:39:32 2005

Douglas Sharp wrote:

> Hello all,
> I was so impressed with the look of Peter Dzwigs BW pictures of trains
> that I thought I'd have a go too.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Railway-Heritage
>
> Not really and truly and honestly black and white, I've been playing
> with a plug-in that's supposed to emulate the characteristics of various
> BW films (these are all fake T-Max), these were all (mostly), taken on
> Elite chrome 200 slide film. Leica R7 and Canon EOS 500N both with
> various Leica lenses.
>
> Hope you like them, comments are more than welcome.
> cheers
> Douglas

Douglas,

I like all of them, particularly the ones of the 'Scotsman. The colour does
show
off the livery well. But are those smoke deflectors in period?

Great shots all of them. Was there a steam day at Whitby? "All steamed up"
is a
great reminder of what we are missing - or rather aren't!

Like the crew at Grosmont leaning against the tank engine. Very typical of
BR,
very "period" ;-)

Don't really know about the plug-in is. There are some effects round the
edges
of some objects which look odd and can't all be dismissed as steam, ege the
railings beyond the tank in the last photo, the far background in the one of
the
'Scotsman leaving York and so on.

But great photos - hope you had fun; after all that **IS** what this is all
about.

All the best,

Peter

PS I will post some more locos later