Subject: [Leica] couple of DMR examples from this AM (warning: kids)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Sep 10 15:45:53 2005

Eric Korenman showed:

a couple of examples of DMR at ISO 200, available light. Shot raw and run
through ACR.
Some minor cropping, otherwise pretty much straight out of the camera.
I would probably tweak down the saturation a few notchs or convert to BW.
 http://www.faneuil.net/DMR/c1.jpg
http://www.faneuil.net/DMR/c2.jpg<

Hi Eric,
Given we've seen any number of DMR images posted to the LUG, these two are
the first I've seen where I see something in quality not seen before. The
quality of skin tones and sharpness is to my eye the way they should look
with texture and for whatever it means... "a kind of smoothness."

Now if we could have this kind of quality without a price that breaks the
Bank of Canada or Fort Knox it would be wonderful simply because it's
obvious there is definitely a nicer looking reproduction.

ted

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] couple of DMR examples from this AM (warning: kids))