Subject: [Leica] Minolta 5400 II scanner and Epson R2400 printer?
From: wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Mon Sep 12 06:00:53 2005

Don:

Thanks for your sage comments. You have saved me a lot of time/ trouble/
money. 60-70% of my "work" is B/W.

Bill

Don Dory <don.dory@gmail.com> wrote:
Bill,
I think for the price the Minolta is the best bet, especially if you
have previous scanning experience. As to the printer, it would depend
on whether you intended to experiment with different papers and how
much of your production would be color.

If your work is 60-70% B&W and you have no intention of trying a lot
of different papers then the HP 7760? would be my choice, dead on B&W
with no fiddling about at the cost of having to use HP paper and ink.
The HP does good color as well but the cost of ink is much higher than
on the Epson. And, if you don't mind a bit of fiddling then the Epson
is capable of far more interesting things with the large community of
printers generating custom profiles and software to make whatever kind
of print you want.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com