Subject: [Leica] RE: LUG: Loading Leica IIIc
From: nicholsj at edge.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon Sep 12 09:12:58 2005

I have been reading all of the advice given, and would like to offer some
comments.  I have been using a Leica IIIa for over 50 years, and also use a
IIIf.   First, in my experience, the position of the rewind knob when
down.  Second, the position of the Advance/Rewind lever does not seem to be
important when loading, although it must be set to "A" before advancing the
film.  From the sound of this thread, it appears that this is a camera with
which the user is just now becoming familiar.  Is it possible that the
takeup spool  is not the correct one, or that it does not fit tightly on the
takeup post?  It seems he is doing the right things, but may have an
equipment problem which has gone unrecognized.  Finally, the most important
last step when loading film is to be sure that the cassette and the takeup
spool are pushed into the camera as far as they will go.   I also trim the
leader to get best results and simple loading.

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Two PAW offerings...)
Reply from cochranpr at mac.com (David Cochran) ([Leica] RE: LUG: Loading Leica IIIc)
Reply from dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis Painter) ([Leica] RE: LUG: Loading Leica IIIc)