Subject: [Leica] Loading the IIIc - speaking of IIIcs
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon Sep 12 11:30:29 2005

B. D. Colen wrote:

> So God knows what possessed me - given that I haven't shot a roll of film
> in
> about a year and my Ms are gathering dust. But this weekend I finally gave
> into the call of the something or other, and bought a gorgeous Retina IIIc
> that I've been eying for months in a camera store window. Perfect - as in
> mint - coated Schneider f2 Xenon 50mm lens, shutter seems right-on, flash
> sync to a 500th, leather mint, a bit of brassing in front of shutter
> release
> and cold shoe. Now to see what I can get with it.
>
> And, boy, were those things built like tanks. ;-)

Glad to see you in the world of real :-) cameras again BD. Look forward to
seeing the results.

Now if you want someone to care for your Ms and lenses...and you could take
transatlantic flight every so often to see them.

Peter

PS I see now that I'm not the only one to be offering to help your
distressed Ms!

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Loading the IIIc - speaking of IIIcs)