Subject: [Leica] cataloging software
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Mon Sep 12 16:17:34 2005

G. Michael Paine has asked about experience with iView Media Pro.

I have such experience.

G. Michael, I strongly suggest that before you commit a lot of time to
constructing catalogs with this software you go back and read some of
the many threads on the iView user forum:
http://www.iview-multimedia.com/forum/

This is very nice software and a lot of people have used it with
absolutely no problem at all and others (including me) have lost hours
or days of work when their catalogs have become magically, inexplicably
and irretrievably corrupted.

If you are going to use it for cataloging you *must* imho have a robust
and regular (like hourly at the minimum) backup strategy, most
preferably to a separate physical drive, and you must regularly confirm
that the backup has not become corrupted as well.

--Bob