Subject: [Leica] Childhood Idyl
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon Sep 12 20:02:29 2005

Richard:  No, I don't know them.  I just met them when I followed the
rabbits to territory in the park.  There were two couples.  The kid's
parents live here.  He's mainland Chinese, she's from Taiwan. The mother's
sister was visiting with her husband.  I asked permission to take pics of
the kid, and they said yes.  I already sent them Jpegs, and they loved
them.  I'll probably offer a print or two as well.

I am very shy of taking pictures of kids these days, for obvious reasons,
but this kid and the rabbits was just too good to pass up.  The adults were
speaking Chinese with an occasional English word thrown in.  Somehow, I
felt OK asking them.  They were really nice people.

As for the rabbits, they are former pets that were let loose in the
park.  They live in dens in some rocks that were piled up as a retaining
wall.  There are all sorts of eco-PC signs urging us not to feed them, but
everyone does anyway.  They seemed very fond of bok choy.  :-)

--Peter

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Childhood Idyl)