Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 35: Barcelona
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu Sep 15 22:48:37 2005

I am still working on a proper gallery of Barcelona images, but
meanwhile you get an appetizer for week 35. Most of the pictures are of
people, since people is what makes most places interesting (or not, as
the case may be.

A couple saying goodbye:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_35.jpg

A father and son are having what appears to be a serious conversation in
an outdoor cafe in Cornalla, a suburb of Barcelona. The light was lousy,
I had to shoot at f1.4 and 1600, but I liked the interaction:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_35alt1.jpg

Another father and son picture, this time watching the human traffic on
La Rambla:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_35alt2.jpg

Of course we went up to the tower of La Sagrada Familia, a church that
has been under construction for over 100 years. From there I spotted
this building, the biggest phallos symbol I have ever seen:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_35alt3.jpg

Also near La Sagrada Familia, I looked at a souvenir stand from behind
and saw globalisation in practice:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_35alt4.jpg

Another cyclist for my collection, on La Rambla. This image is all about
light and shadow:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_35alt5.jpg

The wide median on La Rambla contains all kinds of shops and stands,
including this portable pet shop:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_35alt6.jpg

La Rambla offers many kinds of services. Here are two ladies of the
night taking a break:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_35alt7.jpg

And finally something that made us laugh. Anti-Bush graffiti can be
found everywhere in world (just comes with the territory when you lead
the world's lone superpower), but this one, near La Boqueria food
market, was original:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_35alt8.jpg

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2005.html
and comments, critique and unmarked bills are eagerly welcomed and
appreciated.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman