Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 35: Barcelona
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Fri Sep 16 02:00:52 2005

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Of course we went up to the tower of La Sagrada Familia, a church that
> has been under construction for over 100 years. From there I spotted
> this building, the biggest phallos symbol I have ever seen:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_35alt3.jpg
>
> Also near La Sagrada Familia, I looked at a souvenir stand from behind
> and saw globalisation in practice:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_35alt4.jpg

Oh yeah, see:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/893161.stm

and

http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh.cfm?id=1897932005

it's known to Londoners as "The Gherkin" and you either love it or hate it.

> Another cyclist for my collection, on La Rambla. This image is all about
> light and shadow:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_35alt5.jpg

A great addition. I thought Picasso was long gone...

Peter

Replies: Reply from mail at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] Nathan's PAW 35: Barcelona)