Subject: [Leica] Cataloging negatives
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Fri Sep 16 01:10:30 2005

:-)

The exhibit is at ScandinavianPhoto in the exploding metropolis of
M?lndal (G?teborg). Probably too far on such short notice. :-)

> Is that a Lyson Quadtone setup you got there?
>
> What lens is sitting next to the Nikon pancake?

It's similar to Lyson Quadtone. It's a "continuous flow system" from
www.inksupply.com (MIS Associates). The one printer is dedicated to
b/w, the other to color. MIS calls their ink for this "Ultratone".
Some of the guys on the LUG print exchange can give you an idea of
what they think about the look. I like it. I don't print any other way
anymore. Well, I do print larger prints using a RIP (QuadtoneRIP). The
results are indistinguishable from each other.

The other lens? That's a Helios-103 (Russian) for a Contax/Kiev. It's
the one I used, wide-open, for this shot:

http://www.dlridings.com/jam/050813/pages/05v32-0019.html

I would forget Excel. There are good applications to do what you want.
If you have a Mac then I think people usually mention Portfolio. If
you have a PC, you might consider Picasa (free from Google)
www.picasa.com or ACDSee (costs a little, is worth much more).

You could spend too much time figuring out a system with Excel that
other applications have already thought of. I think it would save you
considerable time.

Best,
Daniel