Subject: [Leica] BW scanning
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri Sep 16 11:17:29 2005

At 01:59 PM 9/16/2005, you wrote:
>I scan b&w as 16 bit grey scale. I can't see what would be gained by
>scanning them as 48 bit RGB. Is there any difference other than larger
>file sizes?
>
>Steve

I think it depends on the individual scanner.  I like the results I
get better with RGB and I'm going to put it in RGB anyway to
sepia-tone it with PhotoKit.  PhotoKit only works with RGB files and
I use a lot of their actions and filters.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Message from mail at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] BW scanning)