Subject: [Leica] Black Paint M cameras
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (vick.ko@sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Sep 16 13:34:06 2005

I believe that you can powdercoat the brass.  On the IDCC (a camera
collector group), Ken Hough has successfully powder coated a Nikon F, which
is brass.  Ken claims that the finish is practically indestructible.  And it
can be made to look precisely like the proper Nikon black.

I do think you need to check into the curing temperatures.

One has to ask:
- are you trying to replicate the Leica black, and its ability to achieve a
user patina?  If yes, it is very difficult.

- are you trying to put on a durable black finish on the camera?  If yes,
then there are many methods, including powder coating.

regards,
Vick>

Replies: Reply from clzeni at mindspring.com (Craig Zeni) ([Leica] Black Paint M cameras)