Subject: [Leica] Cataloging negatives
From: rlbunting at lucent.com (Bunting, Roger L (Roger))
Date: Fri Sep 16 14:45:08 2005

Folks,

Compared to the mind boggeling solutions discussed here, my cataloging is
crude but I'm really trying to tackle my mess. I have very limited time for
scanning (Coolscan 4000 but I do make contacts when I can). My day job keeps
me hopping and it doesn't include any photography.

I would like to keep my negatives in "clear-file" pages and make digital
contact sheets - maybe using a flatbed scanner. Having that sheet would be a
big start for me. Due to severe chemical allergies, my darkroom days are
over.

Can anyone suggest a flat-bed scanner solution for crude contact sheets with
the negatives in "clear-file" like pages. I've tried it with my bare-bones
flatbed scanner and the images had almost "zero" transparency to them.

Any suggestions, scanner solutions or "hacks" would be appreciated.

Regards,
Roger /leica35@yahoo.com
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Leica35

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Cataloging negatives)