Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 36: Last days in Barcelona+Perpignan
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Sep 18 06:49:40 2005

Since my trip to Barcelona spanned weeks 35 and 36, I can go to that
well again.

The main picture is of the reason I like to go to Spain so much. The
people are more open and friendly than in any other place I visit. These
two ladies ran a bakery close to our hotel. Every morning I would go
there and buy some morning pastries for my family, since I did not feel
like wasting 10 Euro per person on breakfast at the hotel. A side
benefit was that they were very friendly, interested in the
Spanish-speaking visitor from Holland (they don't get many tourists in
that part of town), always ready with advice what to see etc. And on the
morning of our last full day the posed for me:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_36.jpg

Another higlight of the trip was of course the day in Perpignan. I had
never been there before. The town is a typical lovely French place,
somewhat touristy but not overly so. Here is a view of the street life:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_36alt1.jpg

Even though I had planned to see many Visa pour l'Image exhibits, I
ended up spending more time just sitting at outdoor cafes and taking in
the atmosphere. Here is our friendly waitress in one of them:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_36alt2.jpg

A Perpignan little woman with her cellphone:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_36alt3.jpg

Then back to Barcelona. On the last Sunday morning I went for an early
walk in the centre. At 7-8 a.m. most of the people I saw were
"leftovers" from Saturday night's partying, including this group:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_36alt4.jpg

Later that day, at lunchtime, my daughter poses with a creature of the
sea which she is about to devour. She loves all kinds of snails, moules,
squids and other things that other children shy away from:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_36alt5.jpg

Our last evening in Barcelona we went out for a late dinner downtown,
and around midnight we spotted this group of girls. I recommended to my
son (he is 16) that this is the kind of girl he should look for:
good-looking, and with own transportation, apparently:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_36alt6.jpg

All good things come to an end, and we had get up VERY early Monday
morning to catch our flight. My children caught up on their sleep while
waiting to board our flight home to Amsterdam at Barcelona airport:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_36alt7.jpg

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2005.html
and comments/critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands